Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Smmmmmmoothie

I've heard a lot of people talking about meal replacement lately. It's been around for over a quarter century, can you believe it (slim fast anyone?) I'm not knocking that but I'm all about seeing EXACTLY what goes into my smoothie. I also like them not always as replacement but in addition to a small snack as I've trained myself to graze instead of gorge. Recently I've been trying many different combos to see what interesting flavors I can create. Now I'm not a nutritionist or a hardcore professional foodie. By this I mean I don't own a $1000 dollar blender (though I'd gladly take one) and I'm not bold enough to put salad in my smoothie (though if be willing to try someday). I'm just into simple, natural ingredients that taste great together. Here's one of my more recent attempts using fresh ingredients on a tight budget:

1 cup cherries (pitted)
2 pears
1 cup plain yogurt (use Greek for a healthier kick)
2 teaspoons honey
(add milk to desired thickness)

Serves 2

ENJOY!!

1 comment: