Thursday, August 2, 2012

DIY - Refinished Hope Chest

One mans trash...I've always loved that saying. I love the idea of taking something that is in dire need of some TLC and tending to its every need to bring it back to its former glory or giving it a new purpose all together. Most recently there was a topless hope chest looking for a little love. Sometimes it just takes a few hours of hard work of some creativity to make something functional again. In this instance I took the half of a drop leaf kitchen table top and sanded it and the rest of the of the hope chest down to expose the natural wood. I then went to home depot and spent $15 on two new hinges (the cabinet section is great for that) and a hinge support. I then gently rubbed some lemon oil over the exterior and BAM! Old moldy hope chest now becomes new rustic toy chest. Funny how a little elbow grease can go a long way, lol. Check it out (click the pics for a closer look)!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment