Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Vintage Gaming: Bowling

My grandfather was a big part of my life. I remember when I was younger playing all sorts of games with him that when I think of them, put a grin bigger than the cheshire cats on my face. Tonight, after we put my youngest to bed, my eldest and I played an old wooden bowling game I happened to spot in my parents basement last month. We've played it a couple times and my daughter really loves it. It made me think. In this digital age where v-tech, leap frog, and all the kids programming on tv could rule our children's attention, here we sat, sharing in this nostalgic, vintage gaming experience. We had fun in a way no Latin explorers, high pitched mice, or magical miniature equines could ever offer. Maybe I'll see what other treasures are buried in the depths of the basement :)

No comments:

Post a Comment